SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] PM updates for 2.6.33
On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 15:36:40 -0500 (EST)
Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
>
> > btw I instrumented both the suspend and resume, and made graphs out
> > of it for my laptop (modern laptop with Intel cpu/wifi/graphics of
> > course).
> >
> > http://www.fenrus.org/graphs/suspend.svg
> > http://www.fenrus.org/graphs/resume.svg
> >
> > (also attached for convenience)
> >
> > the resume clearly shows that all this talking about PCI stuff is
> > completely without practical merit.. it's the USB stuff where the
> > time is spent.
>
> Arjan, can you try testing the USB timings again with the patch below
> (for vanilla 2.6.32)?
>
> Fair warning: I just composed this and haven't tried it out myself.

unfortunately it does not make a difference that I can notice in the
graphs.

http://www.fenrus.org/graphs/resume2.svg

the resume problem seems to be that we resume all the hubs sequentially,
much like we used to discover them sequentially during boot....

I do not know how much I'm asking for, but would it be sensible to do a
similar thing for hub resume as we did for boot? eg start resuming them
all at the same time, so that the mandatory delays of these hubs will
overlap ?

visit http://www.lesswatts.org

  Last update: 2009-12-06 22:17    [W:0.164 / U:6.064 seconds]