SubjectRe: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?
Date
Jon Smirl <jonsmirl@gmail.com> writes:

>> Once again: how about agreement about the LIRC interface
>> (kernel-userspace) and merging the actual LIRC code first? In-kernel
>> decoding can wait a bit, it doesn't change any kernel-user interface.
>
> I'd like to see a semi-complete design for an in-kernel IR system
> before anything is merged from any source.

This is a way to nowhere, there is no logical dependency between LIRC
and input layer IR.

There is only one thing which needs attention before/when merging LIRC:
the LIRC user-kernel interface. In-kernel "IR system" is irrelevant and,
actually, making a correct IR core design without the LIRC merged can be
only harder.
--
Krzysztof Halasa

  Last update: 2009-12-06 21:37    [W:0.204 / U:1.324 seconds]