    SubjectRe: large packet loss take2 2.6.31.x
    From
    On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 08:49:17PM -0500, Caleb Cushing wrote:
    >> >
    >> > modprobe -r e1000e
    >> > modprobe e1000e IntMode=0
    >> >
    >> > Jarek P.
    >> >
    >> tested on kernel behaving properly no change. what do these modes do?
    >
    > e1000e by default uses MSI-X interrupts if possible, which are most
    > modern. If there are some problems IntMode lets us try older types,
    > so I rather meant it for the misbehaving kernel.
    >

    >> I've installed a 10/100 linksys nic into my system. it appears to be
    >> working fine on a bad kernel (2.6.32-final tested and for sure
    >> verified). I've only tested it once though. my laptop died so direct
    >> connection between that won't work. can I test between these 2 nics?
    >> (suppose no real reason why not) but what should I proceed with at
    >> this point?
    >
    > If you have it fixed easily with another nic you should first
    > reconsider if this debugging is worth of your time. Of course it's
    > could be very useful for the kernel (unless it's a hardware fault),
    > but on the other hand this is a popular nic, tested by many people.

    trying to figure out if it's hardware, I wish I'd figured that out a
    month ago because dell would have been shipping me a new mobo at that
    point... oh well... I'm starting to think it is but given the age of
    the computer... (just over 1 year now) I'm not happy about that. my
    nic is a 10/100 card the e1000e is obviously gigabit though I don't
    think I've a need (or network) for the gigabit atm
    --
    Caleb Cushing

    http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com

      Last update: 2009-12-04 19:31    [W:0.022 / U:4.204 seconds]