    SubjectRe: 2.6.32 CONFIG_SX marked as BROKEN
    On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 11:08:05 +0000
    Graham Murray <gmurray@webwayone.co.uk> wrote:

    > Commit 412145947adfca60a4b5b4893fbae82dffa25edd marked CONFIG_SX as
    > Broken. The commit comments state that there are no users. We are using
    > SX cards in production servers. I discovered this when I attempted to
    > upgrade a development server to 2.6.32 and it failed to find the cards.

    The original long discussion with the patch was intentionally trimmed for
    the kernel submit. They were marked broken not just because we could find
    no users but also because the code in the kernel has some very serious
    flaws which I was able to demonstrate are exploitable.

    Had it merely sucked it wouldn't have been marked as broken.

    The bigger problem is that the design of the ancient midlayer gs code it
    uses is so broken that it really needs a major rework or the sx driver
    extracting from it completely. Both are major bits of work.

    Alan

      Last update: 2009-12-04 13:27    [W:0.029 / U:60.580 seconds]