    SubjectRe: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?
    Date
    lirc@bartelmus.de (Christoph Bartelmus) writes:

    > Currently I would tend to an approach like this:
    > - raw interface to userspace using LIRC
    > - fixed set of in-kernel decoders that can handle bundled remotes

    I'd modify it a bit:
    - raw interface to userspace using LIRC
    - fixed set of in-kernel decoders

    Longer term:

    Removing the key assignment tables from the kernel. Plug-and-play can be
    then achieved with udev. The only thing needed from the kernel is
    indicating the tuner/sensor type, udev can guess the bundled remote type.

    Porting the in-kernel drivers (such as ir-common) to LIRC interface
    (while not removing the input layer mode).
    --
    Krzysztof Halasa

      Last update: 2009-12-03 18:33    [W:0.044 / U:0.024 seconds]