SubjectRe: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?
Date
lirc@bartelmus.de (Christoph Bartelmus) writes:

> Currently I would tend to an approach like this:
> - raw interface to userspace using LIRC
> - fixed set of in-kernel decoders that can handle bundled remotes

I'd modify it a bit:
- raw interface to userspace using LIRC
- fixed set of in-kernel decoders

Longer term:

Removing the key assignment tables from the kernel. Plug-and-play can be
then achieved with udev. The only thing needed from the kernel is
indicating the tuner/sensor type, udev can guess the bundled remote type.

Porting the in-kernel drivers (such as ir-common) to LIRC interface
(while not removing the input layer mode).
--
Krzysztof Halasa

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans