SubjectRe: 2.6.32 regression: unable to handle kernel paging request

>>> Hmmm... weirdly I can't reproduce the problem here with the same
>>> config. Can you please attach "readelf -a lp.ko" with and without the
>>> module-common.lds struck out?
>>
>> as i said before, the configuration is not really uncommon ... the
>> readelf output is attached.
>
> Hmmm.... I think it's more convoluted than I originally thought. I
> was expecting a missing section but in the broken case the linker has
> assigned addresses to sections even though it was a relocatable link.
> That's just strange.
>
> Can you please post the output of "ld --version"? Also, what distro
> are you on?

i am not at that specific machine, but the distribution is the same as
on my laptop, ubuntu 9.10, x86-64. i don't have any issues, running
2.6.32.2 on my laptop, though ...

GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.20

hth, tim

--
tim@klingt.org
http://tim.klingt.org

Bill Gates left his university to start Micro$oft.
Steve Jobs sold his Wolkswagen bus to start Apple.
Linus Torvalds made a new thread in a forum and put a file on a ftp server.

  Last update: 2009-12-24 13:11    [W:0.031 / U:13.932 seconds]