    SubjectRe: workqueue thing

    * Tejun Heo <> wrote:

    > > We really are not forced to the space of Gedankenexperiments here.
    > Sure but there's a reason why I posted the patchset without the actual
    > conversions. I wanted to make sure that it's not rejected on the ground of
    > its basic design. I thought it was acceptable after the first RFC round but
    > while trying to merge the scheduler part, Peter seemed mightily unhappy with
    > the whole thing, so this second RFC round. So, if anyone has major issues
    > with the basic design, please step forward *now* before I go spending more
    > time working on it.

    At least as far as i'm concerned, i'd like to see actual uses. It's a big
    linecount increase all things considered:

    and you say it _wont_ help performance/scalability (this aspect wasnt clear to
    me from previous discussions), so the (yet to be seen) complexity reduction in
    other code ought to be worth it.