SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] AlacrityVM guest drivers for 2.6.33

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009, Gregory Haskins wrote:

> > And upstream submission is not always like this!
>
> I would think the process would come to a grinding halt if it were ;)

Well, in all honesty, if it had been non-virtualized drivers I would just
have pulled. The pull request all looked sane, the diffstat looked clean
and non-intrusive, and I had no problems with any of that.

But the virtualization people always argue about the fifty-eleven
different ways of doing things, and unlike real drivers - where the actual
hardware places constraints on what the heck is going on - virtualization
people seem to revel in making new interfaces weekly, and tend to be only
incidentally limited by hardware (ie hardware interfaces may limit some
_details_, but seldom any higher-level arguments).

So when I see another virtualization interface, I want the virtualization
people to just argue it out amongst themselves. Thanks to the virtue of me
personally not caring one whit about virtualization, I can stand back and
just watch the fireworks.

Which is not to say that I enjoy it (I like the occasional flame-fest, but
in order to like them I need to _care_ enough to get fired up about
them!).

So I just don't want the in-fighting to take place in my tree, so I'd
rather see the fighting die out _before_ I actually pull.

You people are all crazy.

Linus

  Last update: 2009-12-23 18:33    [W:0.154 / U:0.236 seconds]