SubjectRe: sched: restore sanity

* Joe Perches <joe@perches.com> wrote:

> > > Oh? Out of curiosity whats wrong with it?
> > That's what should be asked of printk().
>
> pr_<level> offers some things printk cannot:
>
> o standardization, eliminates frequent missing KERN_ levels
> and missing/typo/misspelled module prefixes
> o visually shorter, fewer chars used, less 80 char wrapping
> o finer grained ability to eliminate unnecessary messages
> for embedded systems
> o standardized mechanism to prefix messages with module/function
> o eventual code reduction via use of a singleton instead of
> duplicated module/function names
> o eventual dynamic_debug styled control of prefix by
> module/function

These are pretty marginal advantages - borderline not worth the resulting
churn. But borderline good patch is still a good patch in my book so i applied
it. Btw., i wish you mixed with real kernel code too instead of going down the
Bunk path. That would reduce such friction substantially IMO - people would
see that you are willing to do (and capable of doing) the harder stuff too.

Thanks,

Ingo

  Last update: 2009-12-20 18:41    [W:0.035 / U:0.048 seconds]