    SubjectBug (minor): microcode_intel.c applies updates to hyperthreaded cores
    According to spec, microcode should only be applied to actual cores. As
    things are currently structured, looks like the fix would be in
    microcode_core.c. I don't think changing the loop to look for cores vs.
    cpu's would affect anything adversely, but honestly am not familiar
    enough with this code or other cpu types to be sure.

    As far as I can tell, the only adverse impact of this issue is boot
    performance in the event that microcode is applied to a large number of
    processors in a hyper-threaded environment. I've only got one chip, so
    no real issues here. Just happened to notice.

      Last update: 2009-12-03 05:09    [W:0.029 / U:1.220 seconds]