    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] intermittent suspend problem again
    Date
    On Wednesday 02 December 2009, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
    > Ferenc Wagner <wferi@niif.hu> writes:

    > >> If /boot is big enough, you could use a swap file in /boot for the testing.
    > >
    > > Ramdisk worked good. Maybe too good, because I left the machine doing
    > > s2disks while I was having dinner, and it achieved some 120 suspends
    > > without a freeze. Only the e100 and the mii modules were loaded.
    > >
    > > After some script munging I got the machine automatically boot with an
    > > alternate passphrase, so in vivo testing is possible now. I mean,
    > > tomorrow.
    >
    > After almost 100 hibernate/resume cycles, I have to say that this issue
    > can't be reproduced by suspending in a tight loop. I tried that while
    > flood pinging my gateway and also with no network activity. The rc8
    > e100 module was loaded all the time.

    Then I guess we do something that confuses your machine's BIOS or it's a
    timing-related issue (ie. there has to be a substantial delay between the
    hibernation and restore to trigger the problem). Or both.

    Thanks,
    Rafael

      Last update: 2009-12-02 22:35    [W:2.587 / U:2.768 seconds]