SubjectRe: [linux-pm] intermittent suspend problem again
Date
Ferenc Wagner <wferi@niif.hu> writes:

> "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl> writes:

>>> I use partition encryption, everything except for /boot is encrypted.
>>
>> If /boot is big enough, you could use a swap file in /boot for the testing.
>
> Ramdisk worked good. Maybe too good, because I left the machine doing
> s2disks while I was having dinner, and it achieved some 120 suspends
> without a freeze. Only the e100 and the mii modules were loaded.
>
> After some script munging I got the machine automatically boot with an
> alternate passphrase, so in vivo testing is possible now. I mean,
> tomorrow.

After almost 100 hibernate/resume cycles, I have to say that this issue
can't be reproduced by suspending in a tight loop. I tried that while
flood pinging my gateway and also with no network activity. The rc8
e100 module was loaded all the time.

> Btw. s2disk has a strange effect of simulating enters during suspend.
> [...]
> Can you also see this?

It can't be seen from the "sleep 1; s2disk" command, so it's probably an
artifact from X, when s2disk starts before Enter is released.
--
Regards,
Feri.

  Last update: 2009-12-02 11:57    [W:0.417 / U:0.040 seconds]