    SubjectRe: Async suspend-resume patch w/ completions (was: Re: Async suspend-resume patch w/ rwsems)

    On Sun, 20 Dec 2009, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > OK, so this means we can just forget about suspending/resuming i8042
    > asynchronously, which is a pity, because that gave us some real suspend
    > speedup on my test systems.

    No. What it means is that you shouldn't try to come up with these idiotic
    scenarios just trying to make trouble for yourself, and using it as an
    excuse for crap.

    I suggest you try to treat the i8042 controller async, and see if it is
    problematic. If it isn't, don't do that then. But we actually have no real
    reason to believe that it would be problematic, at least on a PC where the
    actual logic is on the SB (presumably behind the LPC controller).

    Why would it be?

    The fact that PnP and ACPI enumerates those devices has exactly _what_ to
    do with anything?

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-12-20 00:49    [W:0.024 / U:189.528 seconds]