    SubjectRe: CONFIG_KPROBES=y build requires gawk

    > For example, before the POSIX standard, to match alphanumeric charac-
    > ters, you would have had to write /[A-Za-z0-9]/. If your character set
    > had other alphabetic characters in it, this would not match them, and
    > if your character set collated differently from ASCII, this might not
    > even match the ASCII alphanumeric characters. With the POSIX character
    > classes, you can write /[[:alnum:]]/, and this matches the alphabetic
    > and numeric characters in your character set, no matter what it is.

    I'm not sure I understand this, although I'm not a character set expert.
    But is there really some possible locale + awk implementation where an
    awk script, written in pure ASCII, operating on a pure ASCII input file,
    will have [A-Za-z0-9] match a different set of ASCII characters than
    [[:alnum:]] will match?

    - R.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-12-17 05:19    [W:0.020 / U:0.568 seconds]