    SubjectRe: CONFIG_KPROBES=y build requires gawk
    Date

    > > Is there any reason not to apply the patch below, to allow more awk
    > > implementations to be used? After all, it's not like we're going to put
    > > non-ASCII characters into the map file...

    > I guess the question is if it will break under any other circumstances,
    > but I guess we can find those when we get to them.

    I should have mentioned it, but with the current Debian testing version
    (mawk 1.3.3-15) and my patch, I get a byte-for-byte identical
    inat-tables.c to what I get with the unpatched kernel and gawk
    1:3.1.6.dfsg-4.

    I'm not sure how likely all this is to change in the future, but it's
    hard for me to see a sane reason why eg [:lower:] and a-z would be
    different for this use.

    - R.

      Last update: 2009-12-17 05:13    [W:5.680 / U:0.024 seconds]