    SubjectRe: CONFIG_KPROBES=y build requires gawk
    On 12/16/2009 07:33 PM, Masami Hiramatsu wrote:
    > Roland Dreier wrote:
    >> Is there any reason not to apply the patch below, to allow more awk
    >> implementations to be used? After all, it's not like we're going to put
    >> non-ASCII characters into the map file...
    >
    > Actually, the reason why I decided to use character classes is
    > [a-z] wasn't same as [[:lower:]] on some environment.
    >
    > For example, before the POSIX standard, to match alphanumeric charac-
    > ters, you would have had to write /[A-Za-z0-9]/. If your character set
    > had other alphabetic characters in it, this would not match them, and
    > if your character set collated differently from ASCII, this might not
    > even match the ASCII alphanumeric characters. With the POSIX character
    > classes, you can write /[[:alnum:]]/, and this matches the alphabetic
    > and numeric characters in your character set, no matter what it is.
    >
    > It seems that "your character set" doesn't mean "what character set are used
    > in the data", it means "what character set build env. is using".
    >
    > So, actually, my first released script had used [a-z], but I needed to
    > move onto [[:lower:]].

    This is correct if you are not in the C locale, but I'm not sure if we
    support building the kernel in a non-C locale in the first place.

    Do you have a known failure case? There is also the option of
    explicitly setting LC_CTYPE=C. Sigh.

    -hpa

      Last update: 2009-12-17 04:55    [W:0.025 / U:0.812 seconds]