    SubjectRe: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?
    On Sun 2009-12-06 12:59:00, Christoph Bartelmus wrote:
    > Hi Dmitry,
    >
    > on 05 Dec 09 at 22:55, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
    > [...]
    > > I do not believe you are being realistic. Sometimes we just need to say
    > > that the device is a POS and is just not worth it. Remember, there is
    > > still "lirc hole" for the hard core people still using solder to produce
    > > something out of the spare electronic components that may be made to
    > > work (never mind that it causes the CPU constantly poll the device, not
    > > letting it sleep and wasting electricity as a result - just hypotetical
    > > example here).
    >
    > The still seems to be is a persistent misconception that the home-brewn
    > receivers need polling or cause heavy CPU load. No they don't. All of them
    > are IRQ based.

    I have at least one that needs polling/signal
    processing... somewhere. IR LED connected to mic input.

    Anyway, clearly hacked-up devices like that are better left for
    userland solutions.
    Pavel

      Last update: 2009-12-15 12:49    [W:0.021 / U:2.540 seconds]