SubjectRe: bisected crash due to "x86: Move swiotlb initialization before dma32_free_bootmem"
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:56:50 +0100
Ingo Molnar <> wrote:

> * FUJITA Tomonori <> wrote:
> > There are a few people who hit this. How many people use a box with over
> > 256GB memory?
> >
> > And you can work around this with "dma32_size" kernel boot option.
> Well, since the kernel has not crashed before this change there's really just
> two options as per upstream kernel regression policy: either we fix it or we
> revert it.

As I wrote, here is a patch that can be applied to cleanly to the git

It fixes the problem. Yinghai, can you test it? It should work but
it's good to confirm it.

I simply wanted to say that it's not a bug that breaks lots of boxes
or leads to something serious like data corruption (no need to say
something like "revert it now!"). It's also worth investigating why it
breaks, I think.