Subjects2disk encryption was Re: [linux-pm] intermittent suspend problem again
Hi!

> > > Well, you don't need to use swap encryption for _testing_. :-)
> >
> > I use partition encryption, everything except for /boot is encrypted.
>
> If /boot is big enough, you could use a swap file in /boot for the testing.
>
> > Apropos: does s2disk perform encryption with a temporary key even if I
> > don't supply and RSA key, to protect mlocked application data from being
> > present in the swap after restore?
>
> It can do that, but you need to provide a key during suspend and resume.
>
> Otherwise it doesn't use a random key, because it would have to store it in
> the clear in the image header.

I believe it can use random key, stored in clear in image
header. Reason is... image header is easier to overwrite than removing
whole image.

That was original motivation for encryption... not having to overwrite
swap data with zeros.
Pavel

  Last update: 2009-12-13 02:45    [W:0.355 / U:0.624 seconds]