SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.32

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> it seems the lkml spam filter ate your reply,
> maybe you shouldn't have mentioned the er**** pickled herring?
> I'll keep a (slightly censored) full quote below,
> hoping it gets through. It would be a shame if
> this essential information would be withheld from
> the Linux community ;-)

Actually, it wasn't about the er**** pickled herring, and your censored
email failed to get through too.

I think it's the word "b*droom" that triggered the problem - it's on the
taboo list. I censored that one too, let's see if this now goes through.

What a nasty lkml taboo list. Some of those entries really are very crazy
aggressive.

Linus

---
> On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 09:41:07AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > >
> > > it seems no one else dares to ask, so I'll bite:
> > > Why is the kernel NAME no longer updated?
> >
> > I'm not sure that you didn't mistype 'dares' (that 'c' is close to the 'd'
> > key on at least /my/ keyboard), but the answer is simple: I change the
> > name totally randomly, and it's usually brought on by me reading something
> > that struck me as funny.
> >
> > So the current "Man-eating Seals of Antiquity" comes from Bart Ehrman's
> > book "Jesus Interrupted". The previous one "Vindictive Armadillo", was I
> > think from an email that Alan Cox sent (probably some odd comment or
> > signature). The one before that was just due to the tasmanian devil
> > mascot, while "Er**** Pickled Herring" was due to a NY-Times article that
> > said - quote - "It's as er**** as pickled herring."
> >
> > [ Really. Look it up:
> >
> > http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/27/arts/27abro.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all
> >
> > and tell me that "Er**** Pickled Herring" doesn't make sense as a name
> > for the kernel - or a rock band, for that matter. ]
> >
> > And "Killer Bat of Doom" was due to a cute small bat somehow getting lost,
> > and ending up in Patricia's b*droom (it happened twice, and we have no
> > idea how it got in).
> >
> > But I no longer remember what the background for "Rotary Wombat" and
> > "Funky Weasel is Jiggy wit it" was.
> >
> > "Nocturnal Monster Puppy" was when Teddy (our dog) was little, and I had
> > to wake up a couple of times a night to take him out to pee. And "Lordi
> > Rules" was when hell froze over, and Finland won the Eurovision (if you
> > were Finnish, you'd understand - the largest newspaper in Finland
> > literally had "Hell Freezes Over" as the main story on the front page).
> >
> > Linus
> >

> Thanks,
> Johannes

  Last update: 2009-12-11 06:57    [W:0.141 / U:0.364 seconds]