SubjectRe: [RFC] Mount point suggestions for cgroup
2009/11/4 KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki <>:

> Then, to say my own not-seriously-considered idea, I vote for
>  - /cgroup/[HierarchyName]/
> rather than /dev/ or /sys or /opt. This sounds straightforward.

I second this. IMHO it is more important to enforce that the mounts
below the topdir are named after the subsystem and only mounted
once for each subsystem, avoiding the multiple-subsystem mounts,
which are a funny way of doing things but in my experience useless.

I have used this hierarchy under /cgroup with libcgroup and
CGFreak in the preliminary Fedora packages and it works like a

Linus Walleij