SubjectRe: Page alloc problems with 2.6.32-rc kernels
On 04 Nov 09 23:14, Frans Pop wrote:
> OK. Can you tell us a bit more about your setup:
> - how much RAM does the system have?
512MB
> - what's so special about mutt in your case that it triggers these errors?
> - do you maybe have a huge mailbox, so mutt uses a lot of memory?
> - does starting/use mutt cause swapping when you see the errors?
Mutt is accessing a maildir directory with a several subdirectories
directly. All of them are added as mailboxes so I can jump to unread
mails. During startup and folder changing mutt is accessing all the
mailboxes.

> From your first mail it does look as if you had little free memory and that
> swap was in use.
I noticed that as well.
During the last days memory usage was not that high so maybe this
is the reason why I did not see any errors. I will continue running
latest git and see if a get the errors again when more memory is being
used.

Kind regards,
Michael

  Last update: 2009-11-05 00:09    [W:0.034 / U:0.052 seconds]