    SubjectRe: [RFC] Mount point suggestions for cgroup
    From
    On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Matt Helsley <matthltc@us.ibm.com> wrote:

    > If anything, "standardizing" the mount point(s) will likely provide a false
    > sense of uniformity and we'll get some bad userspace scripts/tools that
    > break when "nonstandard" usage appears. Leaving the mount point undefined
    > forces anyone writing scripts or tools to consider whether they want to be
    > portable and, if so, the proper way to find the cgroup hierarchies they need
    > to manipulate.

    Scanning /proc/mounts to find the relevant mount locations is pretty
    simple, for code that's just wanting to use existing cgroup mounts.
    But for the code that sets up mounts in the first place, its probably
    helpful to have recommendations of suitable locations.

    Paul

      Last update: 2009-11-04 22:27    [W:0.027 / U:0.008 seconds]