    Subject[RFC] Mount point suggestions for cgroup
    Hi, All,

    We've been having a discussion as to what would be the right place to
    mount the cgroup filesystem. Jan has been proactively looking into
    this. The FHS has no recommendation since cgroup filesystem came in
    much later.

    The options are

    1. /dev/cgroup
    2. /cgroup
    3. Some place under /sys

    The problem with (2) is that it is quite non-standard and pollutes the
    root directory. (3) requires some basic support to create a directory
    for cgroup under /sys. (1) seems the most obvious choice since cpusets
    were mounted under /dev/cpuset, but /dev is controlled by udev.

    Given the three choices or any other suggestions, is there a general
    preference as to where we can mount it? The goal is to standardize
    the mount point (if possible).

    BTW, the mounting is expected to be done using cgconfigparser present
    in libcgroup.

    --
    Balbir

      Last update: 2009-11-04 07:33    [W:0.029 / U:1.460 seconds]