SubjectRe: [announce] new rt2800 drivers for Ralink wireless & project tree
From
On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
<bzolnier@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Please stop this bullshit.  We have some standards for the upstream code
>> > and by being maintainer you have to live up to this standards and make sure
>> > that they are respected instead of watering them down yourself..
>> >
>> > You were not interested even in fixing the headers duplication (it turned
>> > out debugging scripts needed only 25 lines of code to be able to work with
>> > fixed headers -- 25 LOC in bash scripts used only for debugging instead
>> > of 1800 LOC of kernel code).
>>
>> Yeah I know that. But like I said, I still needed to get around to do that,
>> and I am very happy you were interested in fixing it.
>
> Lets make one thing clear: YOU SHOULD BE THE ONE FIXING IT.
>
> I'm not in slightest interested in wasting my time on such
> things and educating some maintainers about basics.
>
> [ Code duplication is bad, mmm'okay?  Just say no, mmm'okay? ]

Bart,

Are you really interested in working with us (the rt2x00 project) in
getting the rt2800{pci,usb}
drivers in a better shape, or do you just want to continue your
ramblings on how bad you
think the rt2x00 maintainers, wireless maintainer, and networking
maintainer are in your view?

Just continuing these discussions doesn't help a bit as Ivo, John, and
David said they disagreed
with you on this topic.

If you just want to continue with a hostile take-over of the rt2800
maintainership, then please
let us know that, so that we stop spending time on useless
discussions, and let John Linville
decide how he wants to handle this situation. It would be a shame of
the good patches and work
you did, but if that's the case, than that's it.

Otherwise, please focus on the technical contents of the patches and
work with us to get
these drivers in a better shape.

---
Gertjan.