    SubjectRe: Stepping down as kbuild maintainer
    On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:09:52PM +0100, Michal Marek wrote:
    >I would also like to maintain kbuild. Maybe we could work together?
    >What do you think? I already talked with Sam:

    (Sorry, I've been very busy with my Real Life. :)

    Sure. I agree. I'll test the patches on my machines (i386, x86_64,
    sparc64, powerpc, armel, alpha, and mips) and reply to them timely.

    >>On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 03:55:29PM +0100, Michal Marek wrote:
    >>>I would be interested / willing to take over kbuild maintainership
    >>>either alone or together with Aníbal who also expressed his interest.
    >>>I do have a linux-related job, actually kbuild-related (maintaining
    >>>kernel build infrastructure at a certain linux vendor) and my boss
    >>>would allow me to work on kbuild. I think have good experience with
    >>>the kbuild scripts, GNU make, perl, etc. Looking at the number of
    >>>patches sent to linux-kbuild, I think I should be able to manage
    >>>that. And I only have one kid so far ;-).
    >>It helps enourmously if you anyway have do to some of the time
    >>consuming things at work.
    >>I suggest you and Anibal work out how to deal with stuff.
    >>I will continue to be around and can answer any questions - but the
    >>learning curve is maybe a bit steep in the beginning but then things
    >>gets easy.
    >>And you are right - it has not been the # of patches to take care of.
    >>Only that to do stuff properly you should:
    >>- review carefully
    >>- test on 5+ architectures
    >>- and be responsive
    >>So if you can put time aside for this a few times a week and maybe
    >>even the possibility to concentrate on something for more than 1 hour
    >>in row you should be fine.

    I agree with Sam too.

    On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 03:22:11PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
    >You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series
    >have been:
    > * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
    > Signed-off-by,
    > * posted to the relevant mailing list,
    > * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
    > * successfully unit tested, and
    > * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.
    >Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
    >to fetch). It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

    And with Stephen as well.

      Last update: 2009-11-29 08:11    [W:0.049 / U:43.140 seconds]