    SubjectRe: Weird suspend/resume problem on HP nx6325 w/ openSUSE 11.2 w/ -rc8
    From
    On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl> wrote:
    > On Sunday 22 November 2009, Dave Airlie wrote:
    >> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl> wrote:
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I'm not really sure where this should be reported, but here it goes.
    >> >
    >> > After installing openSUSE 11.2 on my testbed nx6325 I noticed that resume
    >> > (from suspend to RAM) stopped working on it.  Apparently, it hanged while
    >> > switching from the console back to X and the box remained completely
    >> > unresponsive after that (it didn't even react to the magic sysrq).  However,
    >> > it used to work just fine with -rc7 and openSUSE 11.1, so I figured the problem
    >> > was related to the new X driver, which is radeon module version 6.12.4 (xorg
    >> > server 1.6.5).
    >> >
    >> > So, I started to investigate and found that after a suspend from a framebuffer
    >> > console, the resume had always worked.  However, when I switched from X to the
    >> > framebuffer console, suspended, resumed and switched back to X, the box hanged
    >> > immediately just like during resume after a suspend from under X.  [There also
    >> > were some problems when switching from X to the framebuffer console and back
    >> > which seemd to be independent of suspend/resume (in short, the screen stays
    >> > black after a switch from the framebuffer console to X and you need to kill X
    >> > to fix this).]
    >>
    >> You are using radeonfb on it? or vesafb?
    >
    > vesafb
    >
    >> first test is to try without either of those installed.
    >
    > That doesn't change the behavior AFAICS.
    >
    >> From memory though that machines an Xpress 200M
    >
    > Yes, it has this one.
    >
    >> which is the the worst graphics card for use with open drivers and has
    >> always caused no-end of pain.
    >
    > Too bad. :-(
    >
    >> Its also mostly undocumented when it comes to errata and workarounds.
    >
    > Well, so I guess this is a hardware errata.
    >
    > Still, it worked with the older X, so I wonder if I can make the new X work
    > like the old one?
    >
    > Best,
    > Rafael
    > --

    From over here I was running the stable kernel
    on a freshly built clfs system, with the latest xorg from git
    suspend worked as is. Then loading the latest git kernel
    noticed the lagging of the wake up. When I get a chance I'll
    do a bisect and see If I come up with anything.

    --
    Justin P. Mattock