SubjectRe: MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE(isapnp, ...) does nothing
Date
On Monday 23 November 2009, Kay Sievers wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 09:40, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> wrote:
> > At Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:59:53 +1030,
> >
> > Rusty Russell wrote:
> >>
> >> AFAICT it always has, and noone has complained until now.  Perhaps
> >> something was still reading /lib/modules/`uname -r`/modules.isapnpmap?
> >
> > I don't think modules.isapnpmap is needed again.
> > The question came from the fact that the isapnp device wasn't loaded
> > automatically.
>
> All the map files are not uses for anything these days. Ideally,
> depmod should just stop creating these dead files.
>
> > But, I thought Kay already added isapnp support sometime ago, but it
> > didn't seem to get in...  Kay?
>
> No, we don't even have proper modaliases for the pnp bus
> (/sys/bus/pnp) and the alias string for pnp in the modules have a
> broken and unfixable format. PNP autoloading is all handled by the
> acpi modaliases these days. This is the first time in years I hear
> anybody asking for hotplug setups of plain old pnp devices. :)

Added these two lines to modules.alias (and deleted modules.alias.bin):
alias acpi*:RTL8019:* ne
alias pnp:dRTL8019* ne

and it works. This works too:
alias acpi*:PNP80d6:* ne
alias pnp:dPNP80d6* ne

The card has two IDs (as some PnP devices do) and both work.

--
Ondrej Zary