    SubjectRe: [patch 0/8] x86: UV - XPC fixes with related support functionality V2.

    * Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:

    > * Robin Holt <holt@sgi.com> wrote:
    >

    > > The UV BIOS has been updated to implement some of our interface
    > > functionality differently than originally expected. These patches
    > > update us to that working bios and include a few minor bug fixes
    > > which prevent us from doing significant testing on real hardware.
    > >
    > > Changes from V1:
    > >
    > > - Actually include the patch introducing the gru_read_gpa. This
    > > was missed in the V1 submission.
    > >
    > > - One additional BIOS change has the OS no longer passing blade
    > > to the BIOS when registering a message queue watchlist.
    >
    > Note, the patches are a bit hard to review without diffstats - mind
    > generating them for future patches? Also, putting a 'summary' diffstat
    > (the total diffstat effect of all patches) into the 0/8 description mail
    > is common courtesy that is much welcome by maintainers and reviewers as
    > well.

    Ah, sorry - they were there, just merged together with the patch so i
    missed them.

    Regarding the patches - i still very much dislike how the code
    interfaces to the 'BIOS'. The drivers/misc/sgi-xp/ code looks rather
    messy.

    Why isnt a pure hardware interface exposed, as both hpa and me suggested
    in the past?

    Anyway ... these bits got merged via -mm in the past so i guess it could
    be done there in the future too - the series does not look horrible -
    but the whole concept ought to be done in a cleaner way.

    Ingo

      Last update: 2009-11-23 19:15    [W:0.045 / U:0.076 seconds]