    SubjectRe: scheduling while atomic acpi_idle_enter_bm
    > > I get this when modprobing some module I am working on. I figured it
    > > was the module's fault but the EIP points to something else so I am
    > > not sure. I get the following repeating about 4 times on 2.6.32-rc5:
    > you can get this if your own code leaves interrupts disabled in a
    > kernel thread and then lets the cpu go idle...

    acpi_enter_idle_bm() assumes that it is entered with irqs enabled,
    and so it we unconditionally disables IRQs.

    Then we unconditionally re-enable them.

    The problem seems to be that right after we enable them,
    we find that they are actually disabled, perhaps as
    a side-effect of SMM.

    Is your machine a Dell, per chance?

    Please test the patches in this bug report:

    Len Brown, Intel Open Source Technology Center

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-11-03 04:07    [W:0.040 / U:160.928 seconds]