    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] intermittent suspend problem again
    Date
    On Wednesday 18 November 2009, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
    > Ferenc Wagner <wferi@niif.hu> writes:
    >
    > > Since I've instrumented s2disk and the hibernation path, no freeze
    > > happened during hibernating the machine.
    >
    > Not until I removed the delays from hibernation_platform_enter(), which
    > were put there previously to get step-by-step feedback. Removing them
    > again resulted in a freeze in short course, maybe just two hibernations
    > later. The instrumentation shows it stuck in dpm_suspend_start(PMSG_HIBERNATE).
    > Does it mean that some device driver is at fault?

    A driver or one of the platform hooks.

    > I'll check if it always fails at the same point (although tracing into
    > dpm_suspend_start isn't pure fun because of the multitude of devices it
    > loops over). Is there any way to get printk output from that phase?

    Compile with CONFIG_PM_VERBOSE (it does mean exactly that).

    > Side question: If I run s2disk from the init=/bin/bash prompt, the
    > instrumentation in acpi_enter_sleep_state_prep in drivers/acpi/acpica/hwsleep.c
    > fires before the "Snapshotting system" phase, but it does not fire if I
    > hibernate from the full running desktop. (That instrumentation was put
    > there to investigate the KMS-triggered STR freeze.) What could explain
    > this?

    It looks like it uses the "shutdown" method when run with init=/bin/bash, but
    I don't know why exactly.

    Thanks,
    Rafael

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:15    [W:3.206 / U:0.420 seconds]