    SubjectRe: ALPS touchpad with 4 directions button doesnt work as intended
    On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 04:10 +0200, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
    > I have a acer 5720G laptop, and its touchpad (ALPS) has three buttons,
    > usual left/right, and middle button that can be pressed in 4 directions.
    > Up/down direction work fine, but left/right doesn't. This means that
    > left direction produces middle button click, and right direction
    > doesn't work at all.
    > I took a look at source, and I see that driver doesn't even know about
    > such configuration.
    > Now I am sure its very easy to figure out what is send when no working
    > button is pressed, but I am a bit confused what BTN_* event to assign to
    > it, so it will work as horizontal scroll as intended.
    > And unassign middle button from other direction....

    I have written now the patch to resolve this issue on my laptop.
    However I had to put a dmi check for my system, because I afraid I break

    The problem is that the device reports 4way button in bizarre way, this
    is it reports left way click as a middle button.

    I can't test for laptops that really have just middle button and thus
    reporting it as the left way scroll is wrong.

    Testing for hardware version probably won't help, I am afraid that this
    is laptop specific. Windows .INF file has plenty of suspicious entries
    about that.

    The ALPS touchpad on my notebook reports 0x73, 0x02, 0x50 for the

    Also up/down directions are now reported by BTN_0, BTN_1
    Feel free to ask me not to do so if there is a reason to do so.
    Here it works both ways.

    Best regards,
    Maxim Levitsky

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-11-10 10:57    [W:0.021 / U:0.592 seconds]