SubjectRe: [patch] added brightness feature to lcd class.
On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 12:26 +0900, InKi Dae wrote:
> Thank you for your comments.
> it is a good idea that lcd driver registers interfaces to lcd class
> and backlight class.
> but I think for AMOLED LCD Panel, backlight couldn't be real device so
> power on/off
> for backlight device doesn't make sense.

The backlight power control can just turn the backlight level down to
its lowest setting (off)?

> I had tried lcd driver registers interfaces to lcd class and backlight
> class as you said.
> and also backlight fake driver as Pavel said.

So you've tried this, what was the problem? Perhaps post this driver
code to illustrate your problem?

> but I thought to use my patch is more simple and effective.
> of course, this patch has a problem that it has different path from
> backlight class
> for controlling brightness.
> how about creating symbolic link file for competiability?

Creating two ways to do something (with or without symlinks) is not
simple and effective for anything other than your driver.