    SubjectRe: [patch] added brightness feature to lcd class.
    On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 12:26 +0900, InKi Dae wrote:
    > Thank you for your comments.
    > it is a good idea that lcd driver registers interfaces to lcd class
    > and backlight class.
    > but I think for AMOLED LCD Panel, backlight couldn't be real device so
    > power on/off
    > for backlight device doesn't make sense.

    The backlight power control can just turn the backlight level down to
    its lowest setting (off)?

    > I had tried lcd driver registers interfaces to lcd class and backlight
    > class as you said.
    > and also backlight fake driver as Pavel said.

    So you've tried this, what was the problem? Perhaps post this driver
    code to illustrate your problem?

    > but I thought to use my patch is more simple and effective.
    > of course, this patch has a problem that it has different path from
    > backlight class
    > for controlling brightness.
    > how about creating symbolic link file for competiability?

    Creating two ways to do something (with or without symlinks) is not
    simple and effective for anything other than your driver.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-11-10 09:49    [W:0.025 / U:0.072 seconds]