Subjectext4 filesystem corruption
I have more information on that issue.

First of all this isn't related to s2ram/disk.
Second, this happened here again 3 times.

Now kernel complains loudly about access to freed inode.

After a reboot fsck tells the following:

- Some directory entries point to freed inodes,
Which means these files are gone, but I never deleted some of them

- Some inodes have shared blocks

- Some orpahaned inodes found

- Free block counts/bitmaps corrupted.

That all happens without any s2ram/disk cycle.

However, yet an unusual situation did happen today.
I had installed an update to mountall ubuntu package, and it hosed all
boot process.
I had to reboot many times, and once did hold the power button for 4
seconds.

I also used often the SYSRQ+U/SYSRQ+B tool.

On the contrary, I did several s2disk cycles, and one did fail, but
there was no corruption.

I must say that until now, I had never seen any ext3/ext4 corruption,
even though there were many many crashes, power failures, forced
reboots, etc...

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky

  Last update: 2009-10-10 05:33    [W:0.949 / U:0.036 seconds]