    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] omap fixes for v2.6.32-rc3
    From
    On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 2:26 AM, Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> wrote:
    > * Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras@gmail.com> [091008 15:20]:

    <snip/>

    >> > Here you can see Uwe Kleine-König sending the original patch without
    >> > even CC'ing the mmc list:
    >> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=124820861213849&w=2
    >> >
    >> > And it was unintentionally broken by this one:
    >> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-mmc&m=125249763422227&w=2
    >>
    >> Er, actually that one was ok, the problem was introduced only in the
    >> final version:
    >> http://marc.info/?l=linux-mmc&m=125366315417006&w=2
    >
    > Right, looks like Roger forgot to Cc linux-mmc.
    >
    >> > I don't see what we are waiting for, the code is clearly broken, even
    >> > the compiler warns that nobody is using omap_hsmmc_probe().
    >
    > I've sent Roger's patch to Andrew & linux-mmc so hopefully it will get
    > merged soon:
    >
    > http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-mmc@vger.kernel.org/msg00539.html

    I don't see what's specific about mmc in that patch, nor omap. It's
    just a fix for an obvious mistake that must be picked ASAP and can't
    possibly be NAK'ed.

    There's a tree for trivial fixes:
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/trivial

    And one for includecheck:
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jaswinder/linux-2.6

    What's the procedure for obvious fixes? I'm CC'ing Greg KH and Andrew
    Morton because I think they might interested in fixing these kinds of
    issues quickly in the future.

    Cheers.

    --
    Felipe Contreras