SubjectRe: [patch] kbuild: Improve version string logic
Date
Johannes Berg wrote:
> I think adding the + unconditionally will also break things like
> debian's make-kpkg, for instance, since the + would get propagated into
> the package version which reserves the + for something else.

Are you sure? AFAIK it would be propagated into the package _name_, where
it is allowed. And even if it were part of the package version, it would
be in the "upstream" part of the version number, where it is also allowed.

The only reserved use of "+" I'm aware of is in the Debian part of the
package version.

But I have not used make-kpkg in ages, so I'm not 100% sure how that builds
the package version. I could be that it duplicates the kernel version in
both the package name and the upstream part of the package version, but
that should still be OK.

Cheers,
FJP

  Last update: 2009-10-06 21:49    [W:0.991 / U:0.068 seconds]