    SubjectSB600 sound module disabled on kexec
    From
        Hi,

    I have had this problem for a long time and not reported
    it earlier. Sorry. This might have been true already for
    2.6.18...

    I have a laptop with an ATI (AMD) SB600 south bridge
    including a sound module. When I boot the kernel from the
    bootloader, there is no problem: hda-intel drives the module.
    When I kexec the kernel, there is a problem with IRQ
    configuration and the sound is disabled.

    I have attached lspci.[01], dmesg.[01] and config. The
    suffix is .0 for a bootloader-booted kernel and a .1 for a
    kexec'ed kernel.
    Full disclosure: I've swapped some lines (but not
    modified any) in the dmesg.[01] to reduce the number of
    differences between the files. I think it should not matter
    (the error does not seem to be related to the order of the
    initialization of the various subsytems), but if it does please
    tell me.

    Thanks,

    Loïc
    [unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]

      Last update: 2009-10-04 15:45    [W:0.039 / U:60.048 seconds]