    SubjectRe: pull request: wireless-next-2.6 2009-10-28
    Date
    On Thursday 29 October 2009 20:45:07 Pekka Enberg wrote:
    > Hi Bart,
    >
    > On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
    > <bzolnier@gmail.com> wrote:
    > >> lots of cleanups to the staging drivers, why not direct some of that
    > >> energy to the drivers/net/wireless ones?
    > >
    > > When did we start to apply "fix it yourself" rule instead of "submitter
    > > should fix it" one to the _new_ code..
    >
    > Don't be silly, I didn't say that.

    Sorry, I must have misunderstood you.

    > I was simply pointing out that your time would probably be better
    > spent in improving the "proper" ralink wireless drivers but if you

    Thanks for the concern. However recent discussions made my realize how
    I should really be spending my time effectively way too well.

    > _really_ prefer to spend your time in pointless arguments, go ahead.

    I don't think that my technical arguments are pointless.

    Quite the contrary, I'm pretty confident that addressing my review concerns
    would result in better RT28x00 / RT30x0 support in the very near future.

    > It should be pretty obvious by now that the best way to improve things
    > is to work with the relevant maintainers, not against them. (Unless
    > you wish your work to be ignored, of course.)

    I work with a lot of other maintainers. I would say that providing valuable
    review feedback is also "working with" (at least I would be very happy with
    such feedback in my projects).

    --
    Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz

      Last update: 2009-10-29 22:53    [W:0.021 / U:61.888 seconds]