    SubjectRe: git vs hg commit counts?
    On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 2:18 AM, Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com> wrote:
    > We simplify a merge history by discarding one branch when the merge result
    > matches one of the parents.  Does "hg" know how to do that as well?

    57 of the differing changesets are normal merges (probably what Junio explained)
    3 are duplicate changesets in hg, probably also related to that
    27 changesets are octopus merge fixups

    wrt octopus merges: in git, one merge commit can have an arbitrary
    number of parents, but in hg a merge changeset always has 2 parents --
    so a octopus merge is represented as multiple distinct changesets.

    Marti