    SubjectRe: Irq architecture for multi-core network driver.
    From
    From: ebiederm@xmission.com (Eric W. Biederman)
    Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:22:36 -0700

    > irqbalance is actually more likely to move irqs than the hardware.
    > I have heard promises it won't move network irqs but I have seen
    > the opposite behavior.

    It knows what network devices are named, and looks for those keys
    in /proc/interrupts. Anything names 'ethN' will not be moved and
    if you name them on a per-queue basis properly (ie. 'ethN-RX1' etc.)
    it will flat distribute those interrupts amongst the cpus in the
    machine.

    So if you're doing "silly stuff" and naming your devices by some other
    convention, you would end up defeating the detations built into
    irqbalanced.

    Actually, let's not even guess, go check out the sources of the
    irqbalanced running on your system and make sure it has the network
    device logic in it. :-)

      Last update: 2009-10-24 15:29    [W:0.019 / U:35.644 seconds]