    SubjectRe: [RFC Patch] use MTRR for write combining if PAT is not available
    >>> Thomas Schlichter <thomas.schlichter@web.de> 21.10.09 15:45 >>>
    >Ingo Molnar wrote:
    >> Can we eliminate mtrr_add_unaligned() as Suresh suggested, and still
    >> make it work on your testbox?
    >
    >Yes, I had that in the first place, but Jan suggested to extend it to also
    >handle non-aligned, non-power-of-two cases:
    > http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=125541951529918&w=2

    I merely pointed out it wouldn't work for unaligned addresses or sizes
    passed in.

    >So if it's OK for Jan, I'll reduce the functionality again and use mtrr_add()
    >instead. Btw. this simply means to drop mtrr_add_unaligned(), all the other
    >parts are still required for reference counting and a proper mtrr_del() on file
    >close.

    I'm perfectly fine with just handling the aligned case, as long as the code
    checks that the alignment constraints are met.

    Jan

      Last update: 2009-10-21 16:13    [W:0.021 / U:89.112 seconds]