SubjectHow to check whether executing in atomic context?
From
Hi List,

I am working on a profiler kind of module, the exported apis of my
module can be
called from process context and interrupt context as well. Depending on the
context I am called in, I need to call sleepable/nonsleepable variants
of my internal
bookkeeping functions.

I am aware of in_interrupt() call which can be used to check current
context and take action
accordingly.

Is there any api which can help figure out whether we are executing
while hold a spinlock? I.e
an api which can help figure out sleepable/nonsleepable context? If it
is not there, what can
be done for writing the same? Any pointers will be helpful.

-Leo.

  Last update: 2009-10-14 08:55    [W:0.093 / U:10.480 seconds]