    SubjectRe: [tip:timers/tracing] hrtimer: Add tracepoint for hrtimers
    On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 20:41 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

    > > But still, we need to build a way to convert big endian to little, as
    > > well as perhaps converting 32bit to 64 bit longs. As well as vice
    > > versa.
    > Exporting the print line as C in a convenient way does not in any way
    > make it more difficult to define endianness and bit size - we have to do
    > that anyway. It's largely orthogonal.

    The way I do it now, is basically making a C interpreter. This can
    easily handle word size and endianess (I have those exported too, and
    can handle differences between host and file).

    But to export the "printf" as a C function, that C function will need to
    know a way what size a long is, as well as how to convert endianess.

    I'm not really sure how to go about doing something like this
    automatically. Every event will need its own C function to convert.
    Sounds more like what Mathieu was describing.

    We still don't have a way to handle enums and structures (like ktime).

    -- Steve

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-10-13 21:11    [W:0.041 / U:2.280 seconds]