SubjectRe: [tip:timers/tracing] hrtimer: Add tracepoint for hrtimers
On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 20:41 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> > But still, we need to build a way to convert big endian to little, as
> > well as perhaps converting 32bit to 64 bit longs. As well as vice
> > versa.
>
> Exporting the print line as C in a convenient way does not in any way
> make it more difficult to define endianness and bit size - we have to do
> that anyway. It's largely orthogonal.

The way I do it now, is basically making a C interpreter. This can
easily handle word size and endianess (I have those exported too, and
can handle differences between host and file).

But to export the "printf" as a C function, that C function will need to
know a way what size a long is, as well as how to convert endianess.

I'm not really sure how to go about doing something like this
automatically. Every event will need its own C function to convert.
Sounds more like what Mathieu was describing.

We still don't have a way to handle enums and structures (like ktime).

-- Steve

  Last update: 2009-10-13 21:11    [W:0.092 / U:0.232 seconds]