    SubjectRe: eGalax TouchScreen
    hi Christian

    On 08.10.2009 22:19, Christian Loitsch wrote:
    > Hello
    > (please CC me directly)
    > i don't need this touchscreen any longer, and would like to donate it to
    > anybody willing to work on improved support.
    > 10" (currently used with an MSI Wind)
    > 0eef:0001 D-WAV Scientific Co., Ltd eGalax TouchScreen
    > (you can find this touchscreen on ebay)
    > I once was able to make the touchscreen work, but it wasn't as easy as
    > pluging the touchscreen in.
    > First come first served, except for Daniel Ritz (the developer of the
    > touchscreen module), who has highest priority.

    thanks a lot for this offer! but i will leave it to other interested
    people since i have access to a eGalax screen (from xenarc).

    > Please just email me your address. I will try to update:
    > <>
    > as fast as possible.
    > Please give me ~1week to prepare the package (and also give Daniel some
    > time to respond).
    > a+
    > christian
    > here are some details i found out:
    > There are currently 3 ways an eGalax touchscreen 0eef:0001 can be
    > handled by the kernel.
    > 1) tkusb: a module (GPL) provided by the manufacturer, which is not in
    > the kernel and (AFAIK) requires a binary-only xorg module. [1]
    > 2) usbhid: which recognized my touchscreen, but I was not able to make
    > it work in xorg.
    > 3) the usbtouchscreen module. This module only "accepts" the
    > touchscreen if usbhid did not (so I currently unload usbhid before
    > activating the touchscreen).
    > This module however only works if the touchscreen is set to use a
    > different mode. (loading the tkusb module before the usbtouchscreen
    > module works, as tkusb sends this mode-change command to the touchscreen
    > [2])
    > The touchscreen works perfectly with usbtouchscreen and evdev. I was
    > not able to make it work in any other way.
    > If I understood the usbtouchscreen code correctly you would just need to
    > add a device specific init for eGalax touchscreens and send the command
    > ([2]) to the device. (AFAIK eeti does the same in their tkusb module
    > for every eGalax touchscreen).
    > [1] <>
    > [2] code from eeti-driver tkusb.c:
    > ---
    > scr->output[0] = 0x0A;^M
    > scr->output[1] = 1;^M
    > scr->output[2] = 'A';^M
    > if( !DoSendData( scr, 3 ) )^M
    > ---
    jup, that's the way to do it. i have some patches for usbtouchscreen
    from various people in the mess that is my mailbox. i think one of
    them adds exactly that init code. i'll try to get those in mergable
    state soon...

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-10-12 12:29    [W:0.065 / U:10.072 seconds]