SubjectRe: 2.6.28-rc9: USB Mouse unhappy
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> > > usbmouse on 2.6.28-rc with the exact same mouse? (either check
> > > /sys/bus/usb/devices or even lsusb shouldn't ideally show usbmouse
> > > loaded at all)
> > Sorry for the above typo, 'lsusb' should of course be 'lsmod' here.
> Can you tell me what the status of this issue is, please?

Parag was using incorrect driver -- usbmouse -- (which is intended to be
used only under very special circumstances) instead of standard HID
driver.

Kconfig help text clearly states how special the usbmouse driver is, but
many people still try to use it, probably because of its name. Therefore
we now have