    SubjectRe: Partially defer some of the async stuff to the next release

    On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
    > I think it's better that we defer some of the asynchronous boot stuff to
    > 2.6.30 so that it can bake in -next for a bit. I would like to keep the
    > core infrastructure in place for 29, so that the various subsystem
    > patches etc can just use it in -next without generating dependencies in
    > the patch flow.
    > for both libata and the inode delete very simple things can be done to
    > fix them, but I would feel a lot more comfortable giving these a ride
    > in -next.

    Can we rather make this something that people can enable with a "fastboot"
    option and is disabled by default? At least that way the ATA people can
    see the problem, and don't just forget about it, since we want it fixed.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-01-09 21:45    [W:0.080 / U:24.876 seconds]