    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Squashfs pull request for 2.6.29
    On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:50:29 -0500 Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org> wrote:
    > > On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 04:48:51PM +0000, Phillip Lougher wrote:
    > > > Please consider pulling my linux-next branch
    > > >
    > > > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pkl/squashfs-linus.git
    > > >
    > > > The patches have been posted to LKML and linux-fsdevel over the last
    > > > couple of months and have been reviewed and changed as requested.
    > > > Diffstat below.
    > > >
    > > > Squashfs is a compressed read-only filesystem. It compresses metadata
    > > > and data, and uses up to 1 MiB block sizes for greater compression.
    > >
    > > That seems pretty fast for something only posted this week and not
    > > even in -next.
    >
    > I discussed this with Phillip a bit, and it looks like we'll go for a
    > 2.6.21 merge. This gives a couple of months for testing and review in
    ^^
    (assuming single digit flips :-) 29 or 31? I hope 29...

    > linux-next.
    >
    > Of course, this assumes that someone will actually perform that testing
    > and review. Chances are that it'll just sit there, getting nothing more
    > than compilation testing.

    FWIW, I've been running tests on squashfs during the last few months, on
    various platforms (32/64 bit, little/big endian, forgiving/notforgiving
    unaligned accesses). I admit not having tested the latest squashfs version on
    all of them, as some are partially broken due to the current merge window
    churn.

    > Apparently I reviewed the code a while back - that grey cell must have
    > died. Does anyone else intend to review the code in that timeframe?
    > If not, we might as well merge it now, if ever..

    And I've kept a close eye on all changes in the squashfs git repository since
    the last formal review on lkml.

    With kind regards,

    Geert Uytterhoeven
    Software Architect

    Sony Techsoft Centre Europe
    The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

    Phone: +32 (0)2 700 8453
    Fax: +32 (0)2 700 8622
    E-mail: Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com
    Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

    A division of Sony Europe (Belgium) N.V.
    VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
    Fortis · BIC GEBABEBB · IBAN BE41293037680010