    SubjectPartially defer some of the async stuff to the next release
    Hi Linus,

    I think it's better that we defer some of the asynchronous boot stuff to
    2.6.30 so that it can bake in -next for a bit. I would like to keep the
    core infrastructure in place for 29, so that the various subsystem
    patches etc can just use it in -next without generating dependencies in
    the patch flow.

    for both libata and the inode delete very simple things can be done to
    fix them, but I would feel a lot more comfortable giving these a ride
    in -next.

    The following changes since commit
    2150edc6c5cf00f7adb54538b9ea2a3e9cedca3f: Linus Torvalds (1):
    Merge branch 'for_linus' of git://

    are available in the git repository at:

    Arjan van de Ven (3):
    Revert "fastboot: Make libata initialization even more async"
    Revert "fastboot: make the libata port scan asynchronous"
    partial revert of asynchronous inode delete

    drivers/ata/libata-core.c | 96
    fs/inode.c | 19 +++------ 2 files changed, 51
    insertions(+), 64 deletions(-)

      Last update: 2009-01-09 16:09    [W:0.031 / U:3.900 seconds]