SubjectRe: Status/support for Linux HECI from Intel? (for temp/voltage monitoring)
On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 11:42 -0500, Justin Piszcz wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > Justin Piszcz wrote:
> >> The HECI interface would allow lm_sensors developers to grab the
> >> temperatures off the chips on the board.
> >>
> >> From 2005(?)-2008 there was some chatter about supporting it but it never
> >> seemed to happen, is there any eventual planned support for supporting
> >> Intel's HECI interface or if the user wants to see the
> >> temperatures/voltages just buy a different motherboard with an ITE I/O
> >> controller?
> >>
> >> I have a couple DG965WH boards and it would be nice to see the
> >> temperature of the chipset etc without having to reboot into the BIOS.
> >>

> > Hi Justin,
> >
> > I am not up to date on the progress in this area, but perhaps this site
> > (http://www.openamt.org/) has what you are looking for?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dan
> >

> Yeah that is the site-- however, will it ever get merged? I have not
> heard anything about it for a year or so.

Nope, the heci is just a controller, but we need a way to tell that
controller to show us the temperature data.
But intel hasn't released the QST sdk, and probably never will.

Sad,

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky

  Last update: 2009-01-07 20:25    [W:0.053 / U:5.936 seconds]