SubjectRe: Data corruption issue with splice() on 2.6.27.10
On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 03:15:30PM +0300, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:

> Looks like we are talking about different directions of the dataflow.
> I meant that set of pages submitted into the sending part will be copied
> if sending interface does not support acceleration, and thus it will
> copy part of the page corresponding to the linear part of the skb prior
> the transmission, so even if skb will be freed right after that call
> (prior data transmission by the hardware), it should not affect copied
> data.

You must be looking at a different tcp.c than the one I've got
because mine clearly always uses skb frags in sendpage regardless
of SG support.

Yes we will linearize the packet in dev_queue_xmit but as soon
as the netdev stops the tx queue you'll get corruption.

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

  Last update: 2009-01-07 13:25    [W:0.083 / U:0.560 seconds]